Pelion is an ideal area for cycling. The beauty of the mountain, its lush vegetation, its picturesque settlements combined with the view often overlooking the sea cause the cyclist to explore it and discover its unknown beauties. Underneath the dense vegetation lie many kilometers of trails and cobbled streets offering dozens of cycling routes. Volos has a long tradition in cycling. The Centaurs Mountain is ideal for both mountain and road cycling. Great cycling routes in the heart of Pelion and at the same time on the coast of Pagasitikos.
THE MOST POPULAR ROUTES
- Chania, Kissos, Agios Ioannis: 24 km Elevation 1100m to sea level (4 hours)
- Chania, Zagora, Pouri, Dancing: 17 km Elevation 1100m to sea level (4 hours)
- Chania, Agios Georgios, Gatzea, Kala Nera: Elevation 1100m to sea level (5 hours)
- Puri, Flambouri, Lower Cherry: Altitude 600-1000m above sea level (5 hours)
- Makrinitsa, Portaria, Agria, Kato Gatzea: Altitude 550m to sea level (5 hours)